Current progress of my ~2500 poly model assignment. The bump map needs some tweaking and needs to be toned down a little. The specular map can be pushed further and is a little too shiny on the main body of the character.
So far in creating this character (The Dragon Age Ogre) I have...
- Modeled from scratch in Maya ~2500 polys
- Imported into zBrush to sculpt in details
- Exported from zBrush the displacement map and the normal map
- Create the color map using the displacement map information
- Create the specular map using the color map information
- Attach all 3 maps to the model in maya
After cleaning up the maps some, I will continue rigging, painting skin weights, and animating the character.